|IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST BENEFICENT, THE MOST MERCIFUL|
1. How Many Languages Must One Learn Other than His Mother's Tongue?
Abdul Baha and Bahaullah: At most two languages are needed: the mother tongue and the Universal Auxiliary Language. Great effort must be put to limit this to one language.
Bahaullah, Abdul Baha’, and Shoghi: Other than your mother tongue learn the Auxiliary language, Arabic , Farsi , English, and German!
2. The Meaning of "Putting Great Effort to Limit the Languages of the World to One"
Bahaullah, Abdu’l-Baha, and Shoghi reveal verses, utter words, and give orders in Arabic, Farsi, English, and Turkish.
Bahaullah, Abdu’l-Baha, and Shoghi order their followers to learn five languages other than their mother tongues: the Universal Auxiliary Language, Arabic, Farsi, German and English.
The Universal House of Justice: Translates Baha’i literature into 800 different languages worldwide.
3. Is Learning Foreign Languages a Waste of Time?
Shoghi and Abdul Baha and Bahaullah: Of course not. Learn your mothers tongue, the auxiliary language, Arabic, Farsi, German, and English!
4. Why Reveal Arabic Verses for a Persian Audience?
Adib Taherzade (former UHJ member): The reason someone speaks Arabic to a Persian audience is to excite their imagination and fascinate them into thinking he is knowledgeable.
A Summary and Conclusion of the Three Perspectives:
1) Is a Universal Auxiliary Language a new principle?
2) Did the leaders of Baha’ism act upon this principle?
3) Is this principle rational and logical?
The articles have been based on the book "Avaze Dohol" - the Beating of the Drum by Masoud Basiti, Zahra Moradi.
blog comments powered by Disqus
| GET RSS